Vital Pharma and Medical Deliveries Depend on Our Rigorous ODV-2D Barcode Inspection System
Vital pharmaceutical and medical supply deliveries—everything from COVID-19 vaccines to hospital wristbands—rely on our rigorous ODV-2D Barcode Inspection Systems to ensure accurate, timely delivery with readable barcodes. As a highly regulated industry with precise labeling and regulatory compliance requirements, coupled with unprecedented global efforts to distribute and administer COVID-19 vaccines, accurate and high quality barcode labels are crucial for optimum efficiency to preserve health and safety.
Continue reading to learn how our ODV-2 barcode inspection technology facilitates essential healthcare deliveries.
Unique Medical Industry Challenges: Highly Regulated, Critical Assets, Smaller Labels
The healthcare industry is a highly regulated market with numerous standards, requirements, and levels of compliance to ensure safety for a broad range of items, including product and patient safety. Barcode labeling data and formatting must also comply with strict industry standards. Medical industry barcode challenges encompass:
- The rejection of products with serialization requirements if the correct data and documentation is not supplied.
- The loss of critical and private patient information, product data, and assets.
- The growth of small-sized 2D barcode labels that can cause issues such as a tiny smudge or wrinkle, which may not be visible to the human eye, but could lead to bad or unreadable barcodes.
- Medications received with unvalidated barcode labels could be returned to the supplier, often with a hefty fine for faulty barcodes.
That’s a lot to account for. Let’s find out how our ODV-2 Barcode Inspection Systems help.
Accurate + Rapid Delivery: Meeting the Demands of Pharma and Medical Barcode Labels
TSC Printronix Auto ID’s advanced label inspection technology ensures barcode accuracy and quality, every time. Using our ODV-2D Barcode Inspection to print, verify, and validate all labels helps our customers meet industry requirements. Automated barcode label inspection and correction—while the label is still on the printer and before it has been applied to a package—saves users a significant amount of time and cost. It also helps to mitigate risk and optimize efficiency.
- No more fines for unreadable barcodes
- Eliminate unnecessary product returns
- Avoid regulatory audits for faulty barcodes
Optimize Barcode Inspection Efficiency:
- Overstrike bad barcodes while the label is still on the printer
- Automatic retraction and creation of a new label speeds up processing time to fix unreadable barcodes
- More quickly and easily identify bad barcode labels, saving money and time, and reducing potential headaches
- Ensure crucial deliveries get to their destination on time with accurate, readable barcode labels
Our advanced ODV-2D Barcode Inspection technology is available on our award-winning T6000e industrial printer and our rugged T8000 enterprise industrial printer. Both models can verify and validate 1D and 2D barcodes, grade the labels to ISO standards, and generate a report to document the integrity of printed barcodes.
Optimize Barcode Accuracy and Mitigate Risk with Our ODV-2D Barcode Inspection System
Safeguarding medical data, including patient information and pharmaceutical products, are mission critical in the healthcare arena. Our rugged Printronix Auto ID enterprise industrial printers with ODV-2D Barcode Inspection Systems ensure label accuracy, reduce risk of fines for faulty barcodes and non-compliance, and provide a simplified, automated way to certify barcode accuracy before a shipment leaves your facility.
To begin optimizing your business with TSC Printronix Auto ID solutions, email us at email@example.com or contact your local TSC Printronix Auto ID sales representative.