1. Who We Are:
[TSC Auto ID Technology Co., Ltd.] is a company with its head office located at [9F., No. 95, Minquan Rd., Xindian Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan]. Our representative contact detail in the European Union (EU) for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) is [email@example.com].
2. What Personal Data We Collect and Process:
We will collect and process the following personal data which relates to you:
- Contact details: name, company/organization name, job title, telephone numbers, e-mail address, postal address, nationality and country of residence.
- Information for us to recommend products/services that most meet your needs (including online inquiry and technical support) or to customize and facilitate your use of the Website: inquiries about our products/services, [login, support & downloads, and partner portal information].
- General feedback from you about the Website or our products/services and option to subscribe to our newsletter.
- Log data: information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Website, including without limitation IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of the Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time that you spent on those pages, the number of bytes transferred, the links that you click, the materials that you access, the actions taken on the Website and other statistic information.
It is at your discretion whether to provide your personal data to us. However, if you choose not to provide your personal data or provide incomplete personal data, we will not be able to provide you with the requested services.
3. Why We Process Your Personal Data and the Lawful Bases for Such Processing:
We collect and use your personal data for the following purposes based on the following lawful bases:
- To process transactions and provide customer support for our products/services (including improvement and personalization): We collect and process your personal data in order to perform the contract between you and us.
- To perform our internal administrative work: We may process your personal data in the course of the management of our business including in the event of a business sale or restructuring. These activities are conducted because they are necessary for our performance of our contract with you, for our legitimate interests, or for our compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- To send you promotional communications: With your advance consent, we will send you marketing information in terms of our products/services.
- To fulfil legal obligations: We process your personal data when we cooperate with public, governmental or regulatory authorities based on our legal obligations under applicable laws and regulations.
- To defend ourselves against legal claims: Where we are required to participate in any litigation which affects our business, we will process your personal data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, in our legitimate interest, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We will honor your request for us to not use your personal data for marketing purposes noted above. If you wish to make such a request, please contact us using the details at Section 14 of this Policy.
4. How Your Personal Data are Collected:
We will collect your personal data which you provide when you interact with the Website, following the manner required by the applicable law, including without limitation upon your written consent.
5. How and Where We Process Your Personal Data:
We will process your personal data manually and using our IT systems within the jurisdictions where we or third party service providers conduct business.
6. To Whom We Will Disclose Your Personal Data:
We will not share your personal data with others, except when:
- we share your personal data with our affiliates, vendors, suppliers, or service providers for purposes related to our performance of our contract with you or as otherwise required to manage our business;
- we are required to do so under applicable laws and regulations, for example, where we are required to share your personal data with law enforcement agencies, courts, other government authorities or other third parties where we believe it necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; or
- during the course of business restructuring or similar circumstances (for example, where our business is subject to an acquisition, merger or financing) to the extent necessary to facilitate the restructuring.
7. Transfer of Data
For users in Hong Kong, please note that we may transfer your personal data to places outside of Hong Kong.
For users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or UK, in performing our contract with you and in managing our business we may transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, including to the recipients described in Section 6.
Where we transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EEA which are yet to be subject to a finding of adequacy, we put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your personal data is adequately safeguarded and protected.
We obtain written assurances from any third party given access to your personal data so as to require them to adopt standards that ensure an equivalent level of protection for your data as that adopted by us. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place or to obtain a copy, please contact us using the details at Section 14 of this Policy.
8. How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. However, we may continue to retain your Contact Details for a period in order to defend ourselves against legal claims or to comply with applicable laws and regulations. We will delete your personal data once the relevant retention period expires. For more information on the retention periods applicable to the data collected, please contact us using the details at Section 14 of this Policy.
9. Your Rights over Your Personal Data
Subject to the applicable local laws and regulations (in addition to any applicable EU law or member state law), you may have the following rights in relation to your personal data. Nonetheless, please note that if there is no such data subject right under the applicable local laws and regulations in your country or region, this Section shall not be construed to grant you any such rights. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the details at Section 14 of this Policy:
- Right to access: You have the right to access your personal data processed by us in order to check or view such personal data. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to rectify: If any of your personal data that we are processing is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request us to rectify it or make any required corrections to it.
- Right to delete: You may have your personal data erased/deleted from our database if the processing is no longer necessary for the purposes pursued by us, or if, among other things, your personal data are being unlawfully processed.
- Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, subject to the applicable local laws and regulations, you may have the right to receive your personal data and have these personal data directly transmitted from us to a third party, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, subject to the applicable local laws and regulations, you may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data (for example, where the processing is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests). Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time without having to provide any specific reason for such objection.
- Right to restrict: The processing of your personal data can be restricted upon your request. In such circumstances, your personal data will not be further processed except with your consent, or except for the establishment, exercise or defense of a relevant legal claim or for the protection of the rights of another person.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we process your personal data for a purpose for which the lawful basis is your consent or explicit consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time by notifying us.
- Right to lodge a complaint: If you deem that your rights under the applicable local laws and regulations have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority for data protection in your country or region.
The rights described above are subject to the requirements and conditions provided by the applicable local laws and regulations. We may not be in a position to comply with your requests, for example, where to do so would impede a criminal investigation.
If you reside in France, you also have the right to provide instructions on the handling of your personal data after your death.
10. Notice to California Residents
We do not, and will not without your consent, sell your personal information to third parties. We do disclose personal information for business purposes, including but not limited to performing our contract with you and managing our business. In addition, your information may be accessible to third parties with whom you direct us to share your information. The information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Policy.
California residents may request access to, deletion, and portability of their personal information in accordance with the applicable local laws and regulations by contacting us as set forth in Section 14 of this Policy. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to exercise rights on your behalf.
11. Protecting Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable and appropriate measures to prevent your personal data from being stolen, altered, damaged, destroyed, lost or disclosed. Such measures may be implemented through the use of services provided by third parties. Despite us taking such measures to protect your personal data, you acknowledge and agree that no system or technology is completely secure and safe.
12. Links to other sites
If the Website contains links to other websites, such links are provided for your convenience only and the inclusion of such links does not imply our endorsement or any association with the operators of those websites. We have no control over such websites, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites.
13. Amendments to this Policy
We will update this Policy from time to time on our official website. We will inform you with reasonable notice by e-mail in the event of any material change to this Policy. Such updated Policy shall take effect 30 days after being posted on the Website or otherwise notified to you.
14. Contact Us
If you would like to exercise your rights as set out in Section 9 of this Policy, or if you have any questions or suggestions about this Policy, please contact us at the following e-mail/postal address:
E-mail Address: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Postal Address: [9F., No.95, Minquan Rd., Xindian Dist., New Taipei City 231, Taiwan (R.O.C.)]
We will respond to your request as soon as possible within the statutory period applicable to us.